If your provider does not implement our VPNGUI API, you can create Shadowsocks connections manually as described below.
Our sample configuration file server.shadowsocks:
;vpngui dns 188.8.131.52
;vpngui dns 184.108.40.206
- remote: the IP address or hostname followed by the port number of the Shadowsocks server.
- cipher: the encryption cipher to use. VPNGUI supports:
- onetimeauth: yes to enable one time authentication, no to disable it.
- ;vpngui setproxy: tells VPNGUI to configure your system-proxy settings.
- ;vpngui dns: the IP address of the DNS server to use. Optional.
- blist: exclude from VPN based on domain name, IP address or regular expression.
- wlist: include in VPN based on domain name, IP address or regular expression.
- Important: you can use blist OR wlist. You cannot use both at the same time.
The Shadowsocks secret is not specified in the configuration file. VPNGUI will ask you for the secret the first time you connect to the Shadowsocks server.